innxmit, etc.

Steven L. Sesar ssesar at rcn.com
Sun Dec 9 04:11:56 UTC 2001

Problem 1.  I'm having a problem transferring archived articles from an
INN 2.2 reader to its 2.3.2 replacement. The problem appears to be that
the token field contained in the history files on each box is different.

The token field in the history file on the 2.2 box reads as such:

tech.electronics.eng/463

the token field from the 2.3.2 box reads:

@fdjkdrjkdfjdkjfdsfdk@

I have tried using the 2.3.2 version of innxmit (as per a recent
suggestion),
to no avail. I can't find reference to any other way to do this.
Basically,
I'm creating a batchfile by parsing the history file.

Problem 2.  Well, this one's kinda strange. If I post an article to an
external newsgroup via the reader, it will arrive in my reader. However,

the same article does not appear, for instance, at home. The setup is as

follows:

EXT. FEED ==> TRANSIT ===> PROD READER
                                         \    (S)  V
                                        NEW READER

Articles arrive in ~news/log/news, no relevant errors or notices in any
of the logs. Does this make any sense to any of you?