INN Upgrade Problem

Nicole Britz inn at nacamar.de
Mon Dec 17 12:03:28 UTC 2001

Hello,

my newsreader machine has two parts
  frontend: with FreeBSD, INN and the configuration files
  backend: a netapp with tradspool and ~news/db/

the frontend runs INN 2.2.2 and due to an increasing amount
of users and hardware problems, I've prepared a new bigger machine
with INN 2.3.1 to be the new frontend.

My question is:
If I just exchange the frontends, will INN 2.3.1 after I started
it just accept the old history, active etc. and start working?
Or to I need to change/do something else?

Unfortunately there is no testmachine available to test this
scenario.

Regards
nikki

--
Nicole Britz / Manager System Engineering Security / Newsmaster
Tiscali Business GmbH / Robert-Bosch-Str. 32 / D-63303 Dreieich
www.tiscali.de / www.tiscali-business.de / newsmaster at b2b.tiscali.com