INN Upgrade Problem

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Dec 17 13:55:08 UTC 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Nicole Britz wrote:

> If I just exchange the frontends, will INN 2.3.1 after I started
> it just accept the old history, active etc. and start working?

No -- have you read the section of NEWS about upgrading from 2.2?

You have to either rebuild your history or feed the articles across.  The
first is easier, but not very reliable and so the second is strongly
recommended.  How large is your spool? Can you store two copies of it (at
least the parts of it you care about) for a brief period?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org