INN Upgrade Problem

Nicole Britz inn at nacamar.de
Mon Dec 17 14:33:29 UTC 2001

Jeffrey M. Vinocur schickte folgendes in den Datenstrom:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Nicole Britz wrote:
> No -- have you read the section of NEWS about upgrading from 2.2?

Hmmm, nope. I guess, I should do this. :-/ (This happens, when you're
installing INN from the FreeBSD Portscollection without any further
reading)

> You have to either rebuild your history or feed the articles across.  The
> first is easier, but not very reliable and so the second is strongly
> recommended.  How large is your spool? Can you store two copies of it (at
> least the parts of it you care about) for a brief period?

*sigh*
My spool has approx. 290 GB of data and I have no diskspace for
a copy. ;-) Not even for a brief period. So, I have to rebuild
the history etc.. Jesus Christ. How much time will this take? A week? ;-)
If I delete .../alt/binaries/. How long will makehistory need for
50-80GB? Why's makehistory not very reliable? ;-)

The other idea is installing 2.2.2 on the new machine, but I won't

nikki

--
Nicole Britz / Manager System Engineering Security / Newsmaster
Tiscali Business GmbH / Robert-Bosch-Str. 32 / D-63303 Dreieich
www.tiscali.de / www.tiscali-business.de / newsmaster at b2b.tiscali.com