radius authentication

Salman Afzal salman at neduet.edu.pk
Thu Feb 8 07:31:26 UTC 2001

Hi ,

Thanks Daniel,  for the sugession.

Here is the configuration of readers.conf and radius.conf, i'm using the
livingston radius server on linux box. please suggest if any changes are
required in the configuration.of news server files.

READERS.CONF----------------------start------------------------
auth "localhost" {
    hosts: "localhost, 127.0.0.1, stdin"
    default: "<localhost>"
}
access "localhost" {
    users: "<localhost>"
    newsgroups: "*"
}
auth "all" {
    hosts: "*"
    auth: "radius"
}

access "all" {
    users: "*"
    newsgroups: "*"
    access: "Read Post"
-----------------------------------end----------------------------

RADIUS.CONF------------------start----------------------

radhost:       authorize.domain.com
radport:        1645
lochost:       news.domain.com
#locport:       119
secret:        news
#prefix:        news-
#suffix:        @example.com

-------------------------end------------------------------------

regards
Salman Afzal

Daniel G. Thompson wrote:

> Yes, INN will authenticate through radius. I have tried authentication to
> three different radius servers and have come to the conclusion that if you
> want to use radius authentication you should first install Cistron-Radius.
> I can tell you for certain Ascend=Radius does not work.
>
> Now with that out of the way.....
>
> You might want to send a snippet of your readers.conf file as well as
> one from your radius.conf file so that the people here can take a look
> at them.
>
> Dan
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to authenticate the readers from remote radius server, could
> > any one please help me and let me know if it is possible to get it
> > working , as i am still unable to do so . since i configured my
> > readers.conf and radius.conf according to the man pages.
> >
> > thanks
> > salman
> >

> > -- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar --
> > -- Type: text/x-vcard
> > -- File: vcard.vcf
> > -- Desc: Card for Salman  Afzal

-- Type: text/x-vcard