Radius Help Anyone ?

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 22 07:55:52 UTC 2001

Daniel G Thompson <dan at waycom.com> writes:

> I am new to the group and have not had much time to lurk here first but
> here goes.

> I have two large news servers that currently are using ip-address/domain
> authentication for access rights. I am trying my best to make the news
> servers do Radius auth as well ( this will make life much easier ). I am
> quite experienced with Radius for use with remote access services so
> mostly I need to find some documentation about how to use it with INN.

> I have searched a number of sites and as of yet have found mostly vague
> references but nothing of a whole lot of value.

> I have the sample config files as well as the binary that was included
> with INN-2.3.0.

> I would be very pleased if someone could point me to some documentation,
> new binaries or even newer source so that I can get radius to work with
> news.

I gather from the fact that you're asking that the binary that comes with
INN and the configuration sample there doesn't work as-is?  What's
currently not working?  (I myself have never touched a RADIUS setup, so I
won't likely be able to help much even with that information, but I'm
betting that anyone who does know RADIUS is going to need to know that in
order to be able to help you.)