INN won't start

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Thu Jul 12 18:20:10 UTC 2001

OK, I move an old version of active in, and now it starts.  The problem
seems to have started when I was trying to create a new, local newsgroup.

I do a "ctlinnd newgroup mqsoftware", trying to create a local only group,
and the command just hangs.  After that (once I kill things and try again)
I'm back in the state I was in where innd wouldn't start.

Is there somewhere I can read up on how to create local only newsgroups?  I
must be doing something wrong.  I want to create groups like:
company
company.topic1
company.topic2
etc.