Feed Problem!!!

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Jun 15 23:45:16 UTC 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Ryan MacDonald wrote:

> I have checked every log inside
> /var/log/news and of course syslog with no clues.  The only file
> generated each time is a innfeed.status file in /var/log/news, however I
> can not see any apparent problems inside of it.  I am also not receiving
> any error mail messages to either the news user or root.

(For the record, some people think it's better to compile and install INN
from source.)

You should have, somewhere (I don't know how the RPM configures things)
four log files, 'news', 'news.notice', 'news.err', and 'news.crit'.  Those
are the usual places you'll want to be looking (the first for info about
each incoming article, and the other three for error messages).  See if
you can find them (you might look through your syslogd configuration)...

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org