Success! Able to finally get inn up and running... 2 questions though:

Mirek Luc mirecki at nask.pl
Mon Sep 3 15:57:30 UTC 2001

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Jeffrey Davis wrote:

> 1. How do I keep the control groups and junk group hidden from users? What
> are these groups for anyway?
Use something like this:
access default {
        users: luser
        newsgroups: *,!junk,!control,!control.*
}
auth aqq {
        hosts: <your-hosts>
        default: luser
}

> 2.  Now that my entire inn-2.3.2 distribution resides in /usr/local/news how
> do I make it so that I can type 'innd' without typing
> '/usr/local/news/bin/innd' (in other words, how do I add this bin directory
> to my path... With links?)
What shell do you use?
In /usr/local/news/.cshrc:
setenv PATH /usr/local/news/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
In /usr/local/news/.profile:
PATH=/usr/local/news/bin:/bin:/usr/bin; export PATH

-Mirek