Help with Cleanfeed

pwitting at Cyveillance.com pwitting at Cyveillance.com
Fri Sep 7 16:26:11 UTC 2001

RedHat 7.1's version of Bind 2.3.1 includes a script called cleanfeed, it
acts as some sort of "spam" filter; rejecting articles for a number of
reasons.

I'd like better definitions on why this stuff gets rejected,

EMP (ph/l) vs EMP (md5) ?

I've examined the script, but its not entirely obvious and I find myself
making lots of assumptions (ie I think the EMP stuff rejects floods of
articles that are being singly injected to avoid the max-cross posting
limits). But I need to explain this stuff to the non-techies, and "I think"
and "I believe" isn't quite cutting it.

Paul Witting
Cyveillance, Inc.
Phone: (703) 312-1234