Help with Cleanfeed

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Sep 7 19:39:59 UTC 2001

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, pwitting at Cyveillance.com wrote:

> RedHat 7.1's version of Bind 2.3.1 includes a script called cleanfeed,

Uh, you mean INN 2.3.1, but yes.

It's not actually part of INN; but a separate package.  You might get a
better response asking the maintainers directly (search the web for them)
or in news.software.nntp.

> EMP (ph/l) vs EMP (md5) ?

MD5 is a way to hash the message body...it means many messages with the
same body have been coming through.

I think the other is something about posting host, but I'm not really
sure.

> But I need to explain this stuff to the non-techies, and "I think" and
> "I believe" isn't quite cutting it.

You may get some help from the FAQ on the cleanfeed webpage.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org