problems with posting on 2.3.2

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Apr 12 20:44:34 UTC 2002

In article <20020410.202225.71082410.kondou at isc.org>,
Katsuhiro Kondou  <Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org> wrote:

| You mean you still have '437 Invalid Xref header', while
| you posted without Xref?  This should not happen, since
| nnrpd never appends Xref header.

  I'm going to take a wild stab at this. I suspect that he was still
running, for some reason, as xrefslave. He was also running with posting
host set to the local host instead of the master as it should be.

  Given this bad configuration, I would believe that when nnrpd offered
an article with *no* valid Xref to use for storing the article, innd
sensibly refused to do so and returned a "WTF?" message since it was
asked to save with no place to do it and didn't have a better message
to return.

  Having run a lot of slave servers, hierarchical slave structures, etc,
I can feel moderately comfortable that the config I postulate would give
him the error he sees.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc