Not able to Read messages that I know are on the server.

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sat Apr 13 22:58:20 UTC 2002

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Rick Wagner wrote:

> When I try to get message headers it shows no articles
> I can verify that the articles are on the server.

I wonder what the settings of enableoverview, ovmethod, and useoverchan
are (inn.conf).

And if useoverchan is true, I wonder if you have an overchan feed in
newsfeeds.

> auth "foothill" {
>                hosts: "*.foothill.net, foothill.net, *.gns2000.com"
>                default: "<LOCAL>"
>         }
> access "foothill" {
>                 users: "*"
>                 newsgroups: "*"
>         }
> auth "dpe" {
>                hosts: "*.dpe.net, dpe.net"
>                default: "<LOCAL-DPE>"
>         }
> access "dpe" {
>                 users: "*"
>                 newsgroups: "*"
>         }

Well, I'm not sure you really understand readers.conf, but the above
should allow anybody from any of those domains to read, so that's not your
current problem.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org