history write time oddity

Ben Rosengart br+inn at panix.com
Tue Apr 30 17:21:25 UTC 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 10:21:50PM -0500, Mark Hittinger wrote:

> Ben what is innconf->icdsynccount on the old servers?  Its possible that the
> old servers had a higher number than the default and your new servers have
> the more conservative default.

It's 10 on old and new systems.

> Tagged hash files were smaller so there was less faulting and more ram for
> the buffer cache.  If your new boxes are ram obese then thats probably not
> the problem.

The new machines have plenty of memory, but maybe we're seeing a
weird OS interaction of some kind.

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

1. A robot may not injure entertainment industry profits, or, through inaction,
   allow entertainment industry profits to come to harm.     --Matt McLeod