Inn installation 2.3.0

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 14 23:17:00 UTC 2002

manoj <manoj at rii.ricoh.com> writes:

> I am not able to understand why it's not able to create group?

> IF I check for ps -ef |grep inn I only found innwatch not innd

> Can some one help me to install this correctly ?

It sounds like the news server itself was never started and the only thing
that's running is nnrpd out of inetd.  Are you running rc.news at some
point to start the server?  If so, check the news log files, because innd
should be reporting its startup or reporting what's going wrong with
startup.  (If the log files are empty, syslog logging isn't set up
properly.)