Limiting INN's NNRP connections per IP

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Thu Aug 29 16:40:13 UTC 2002

> Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar <uhlar at fantomas.sk> writes:
>
> > others answered. Now I have one question about nnrpd - can it take
> > advantage of running one master and slaves? shared active table, shared
> > configuration file, or at least that config is pre-processed by master
> > on startup and slaves only need to talk to user?
>
> I believe that it does initialize the storage manager and overview only
> once, which can take a noticable amount of time.  I'm not sure, though;
> I've not looked at it recently.

No they're each time (SetupDaemon() happens after the fork). One of
the problems I ran into moving them earlier (assuming a working pread
& history/overview/storage methods which use it) is that our error
recovery isn't very good if things change underneath us (so things
like files don't get reopened etc.).

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS plc