Is INN the right solution?

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Aug 13 15:24:09 UTC 2002

In article <B02F581F0BBDD4119B0D00D0B7A82DB002708270 at casf1fp1.corp.emc.com>,
 <Engstrom_Carl at emc.com> wrote:
| I'm quite new to INN, like a month into it.  I have successfully built and
| installed the server on my RedHat 7.3 system.  I'm using the RPMs for easy
| of use...though inn isn't exactly easy...and I've loaded up suck to pull
| feeds in from my ISP.  But now I'm having second thoughts...Am I making my
| life more difficult than it needs to be?  I can't figure out how to
| configure suck properly and I'm not even sure that it will work with INN the
| way I have it configured.

The question is not if INN is the right thing, but if suck is the right
thing. Having not ever "really used it" beyond setting it up and proving
it worked some years ago, I'm not the one to tell you how to do it.

I confess that when I need to do something like this I use other tools,
but I haven't written up the method and am not about to just before my
vacation starts. People do get suck working, using nothing but the docs.
If you have a specific thing which doesn't work, post it here.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc