INN newsfeed questions

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Sun Jan 6 15:24:52 UTC 2002

In article <1010318518.15222.46.camel at spawn.something.org>,
	Afra Ahmad <aa4 at acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote;

} coming in, even though ~news/db/active lists many others. I ftp'd over
} active.Z from a public FTP server perfectly, along with the newsgroups
} file. I am using tradspool to store the messages. Why is this happening?

Have you renumber active by 'ctlinnd renumber ""'?

} Also, I found nothing on this, but in news.notice, I keep seeing these
} messages:
}
} innd: tradindexed: repacking group alt.binaries.pictures.cartoons,
} offset 14307
}
} Is this normal?

Hm, you seem to run slave mode.  In the case, renumbering
is meaningless for you.  Do you really need to run as slave?
--
Katsuhiro Kondou