Welcome to list 'inn-workers'

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Jul 1 18:28:03 UTC 2002

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Dave Pascoe wrote:

> I haven't been on this list in several years, but I have a problem that
> has just cropped up and my research doesn't yield enough clues to fix
> this.

It's documented in the storage.conf manpage.

> Jul  1 13:41:12 rocky innd: SERVER cant store article: no matching entry
> in storage.conf

This means an article arrived that didn't match the only entry you have
in storage.conf; as you noted this could be because of the size
restriction, it could also be because of the expires restriction.

What do you want to happen with articles that are larger than you specify
or have an Expires header far in the future?  If you want them to be
discarded, you need a wildcard "trash" method block at the end of your
storage.conf (then restart INN).

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org