INN 2.3.3- does it support nnrp.access

kajan kajan at singnet.com.sg
Mon May 6 10:08:06 UTC 2002

> > Can I use the old nnrp.access file in this version.
>
> > Also If it possible, pl tell me how to configure INN 2.3.2 to use the
> > nnrp.access of INN 1.7.2.
>
> Not out of the box, but you can look at the sample Perl authentication
> hook.  It has some code that mostly does that.

Pl. let me know which file, I have to look for. Sorry for that newsbie
question,

> We really recommend that you just rewrite your rules in the new
> readers.conf format, however.  It's worth the time to do, it gives you
> more flexibility down the road, and it's easier to maintain.  There are a
> lot of examples in the man page and the INN distribution.

My nnrp.access file has 954 IPaddress entry. Rewritting the rule for all
these entries is going to be difficult.
Can the readers.conf file take all these entries.

> Note, BTW, that INN 1.7.2 is a very solid and stable version; if you're
> upgrading just to upgrade (without actually seeing any problems), I'm not
> sure that I'd recommend it just yet.  INN 2.4.0 will be the first version
> of INN after 1.7.2 that, with storage API, I hope will have really solid
> and robust recovery tools (at least for one overview method).

I had to upgrade because the digital server, we are using, are very old and
maintence cost for this old servers is very very high. Now I am using dell
servers with linux 7.2. I tried to install the INN 1.7.2. in Linux 7.2
without success. Is it not at all possible?. Or can I intall the INN 1.7.2
in the FreeBSD.

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Kajan