CNFS mmap allocation problem and kernel panic

"Miquel van Smoorenburg" list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl
Fri Oct 11 13:49:27 UTC 2002

In article <20021011133808.GG18346 at aegir.fw.belnet.be>,
Antoine Delvaux  <antoine.delvaux at belnet.be> wrote:
>> My guess for these has always been running out of virtual address
>> space (or fragmentation of it).
>
>And how could I try to solve this or make sure it is related to this issue ?

Run a recent kernel. 2.4.18 is old. Use 2.4.19 or 2.4.20-pre<latest>,
I think 2.4.20-pre10

Then if you get a panic or an oops from the kernel on the console,
copy it somewhere safe, run it through ksymoops, and post your
experiences on the linux-kernel mailinglist. Be sure to read the
REPORTING-BUGS file in the top of the kernel source first.

Mike.

Reply to the list or to "Miquel van Smoorenburg" <miquels at cistron.nl>