expireover hangs during news.daily

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Aug 29 16:43:41 UTC 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Panagiotis Christias wrote:

> Trying to find a way out, we are thinking to upgrade to the latest
> inn-stable, or to BerkeleyDB 4.0/4.1, or even switch to buffindexed.

I don't think there have been any relevant changes since 2.4.0, to be
honest, although ovdb is not my area of expertise to say the least.

One thing that might be informative for us is if you can attach gdb when
expireover is hanging, and get a backtrace.  (You may need to recompile
with `make warnings` instead of `make` to get debugging information
included in the executable.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org