expireover hangs during news.daily

Panagiotis Christias P.Christias at noc.ntua.gr
Fri Aug 29 19:19:40 UTC 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 12:43:41PM -0400, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Panagiotis Christias wrote:
>
> > Trying to find a way out, we are thinking to upgrade to the latest
> > inn-stable, or to BerkeleyDB 4.0/4.1, or even switch to buffindexed.
>
> I don't think there have been any relevant changes since 2.4.0, to be
> honest, although ovdb is not my area of expertise to say the least.
>
> One thing that might be informative for us is if you can attach gdb when
> expireover is hanging, and get a backtrace.  (You may need to recompile
> with `make warnings` instead of `make` to get debugging information
> included in the executable.)

hm, I would consider recompiling & reinstalling inn as a last resort.
Anyway, in case of another hang I'll get the backtrace. Any other
suggestion, is ovdb working fine for everybody else? What's your
opinion for buffindexed instead/versus ovdb?

Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
P.Christias at noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE