overview write error

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 29 03:50:31 UTC 2003

Gunther Nitzsche <gnitzsche at netcologne.de> writes:

> Hi list,
> while doing a "makehistory -b -f history.n -O -l 30000 -I"
> I see a few errors like:

> makehistory: cannot write overview data "@03325A45520000000000012E81AF00000017@"
> makehistory: cannot write overview data "@03325A4552000000000001C67C2700000017@"
> makehistory: cannot write overview data "@03325A45520000000000024AEAAA00000017@"

> Looking at the articles I see they are all posted in Japanese:

> while actually the overview-file (tradspool) has been written:

I realize that it's rather late now to follow up with a question about
this, but generally when something goes wrong adding overview data, there
will be additional errors logged via syslog that should spell out exactly
what went wrong.

The Japanese characters shouldn't be a problem; overview should handle
that fine.