Simple news feed - setup

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Feb 5 01:28:52 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, INN wrote:

> I have a very simple configration. I am trying to receive articles from
> a newsfeed of my ISP

Have you arranged for them to feed you?

> My readers.conf file is setup to allow everyone full access yet when I
> open a news reader I can access the server fine but there are no
> newsgroups listed.

Well, you have to create the newsgroups, either manually with `ctlinnd` or
in a more programatic fashion with `actsync` or `actsyncd` -- have you
done that?

> I have checked all the log files in
> /usr/local/news/log but there is nothing being reported.

Nothing at all?  I'd say your syslog configuration is broken, check the
instructions in the INSTALL file.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org