Simple news feed - setup

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Feb 5 23:46:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Broadbus-INN wrote:

> I thought that the serer that I receive the feed from creates the groups
> for me?

Nope.  Depending on how you configure control.ctl, your server will
automatically create *new* groups (because the upstream server will send
you "control messages"), but other than that you have to use the methods I
described earlier.

> I assume the actsyncd is a daemon that runs which automatically
> checkes the feed server for new groups?

Yes.

Virtually every INN binary and configuration file has a manpage; you could
have answered that question by reading the actsync/actsyncd manpage.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org