news.daily after crash

Artur Iwaniuk A.Iwaniuk at elka.pw.edu.pl
Sun Feb 16 01:50:28 UTC 2003

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 12:57:06PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

> No, what's going wrong is expireover, not expire.  Expire removes articles
> from the history file if they're not present on the spool, and expireover
> removes from the overview any article that isn't mentioned in history, as
> well as implementing your article expiration rules from expire.ctl.

so, it works in this way..... hmmm but what about expire.lastlowmark ??
does this file have something to do with case ?? or its role is nothing
more than "logging" purpose ?

morover, articles, i think, cannot be removed from history file, because
they are still in spool dir. why expire could  remove enties from history
file without removing those articles from spool ? i thought that
expireover  works corectly, because it runs after changes in "active"
file (its LO field). but, what program, and why, makes those changes, a had
no idea.
ok, thanks for explanation.

ps.
could anyone tell me how to check if the "article" is present
in history file ?