INN CURRENT and inn STABLE issues

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sun Dec 19 04:18:52 UTC 2004

The Doctor <doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes:

> 2)  STABLE could not compile, reason:

The problem here is with your configuration rather than with INN.  Don't
do this:

    CFLAGS="-g -O3 -Wall -I/usr/include -I/usr/contrib/include -I../lnclude"

In particular, don't ever add -I/usr/include to the compiler flags when
building software.  It breaks all kinds of things.

Were you doing this to work around some other bug?

(INN's headers should also be in the inn/ namespace, and we're working on
that in CURRENT, but that's too invasive to backport to STABLE.)