Problem with history - cant fgets after article

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Jan 3 06:15:55 UTC 2004

Steve Youngs <sryoungs at bigpond.net.au> writes:
> |--==> "RA" == Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> writes:

>   RA> Hm... does everyone who has this problem have the automatic
>   RA> keyword generation turned on?  That's an interesting variable
>   RA> (and the only place in INN that regular expressions are used).

> I just re-configured with `--disable-keywords', re-built, and
> re-installed... Turned off keywords in inn.conf...  It didn't make any
> difference.  I still get the `can't fgets after article'. :-(

That makes me worried that there's some sort of malloc heap corruption,
since that's where innd died (in a malloc called by regexec).  innd dies
right after you get that message, right?

Is there any way that you could run innd under valgrind or purify or
something along those lines and see if it turns up where the memory
corruption may be happening?