groups marked as 'j' in active still propagated. Why?

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Wed Mar 24 23:55:12 UTC 2004

In article <20040320130205.GA60243 at CITADEL.NOBULUS.COM>,
	Ilya Varlashkin <ilya at samara.net> wrote;

} Sorry, it's probably silly question, but what is then purpose of 'j'
} groups? I read in active man page that:

innd uses this as if this group does not exist.
Namely, rest of newsgroups that don't have 'j'
are used for newsfeeds.  So, it doesn't mean
article will be stored into junk explicitly.

} As I understand this means that article will be propagated to sites
} receiving 'junk' group and if I don't feed junk to a site, then posts
} to this group shouldn't be propagated to that site either. Correct?

You cannot use 'j' for this purpose.  It's
necessary to specify patterns in newsfeeds
for that.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou