Mailpost and crosspost

Mailing Manager mailing at lastminutetour.com
Mon May 24 15:01:20 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 07:21:51PM -0400, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:

> Let me try to explain what should happen:
>
> 1.  Mail for group A arrives and is sent to mailpost -c XXX.  For the
>     next XXX seconds, mailpost waits.
>
> 2.  Before the XXX seconds are up, mail for group B arrives and is sent
>     to mailpost -c YYY, which notices that it's the same as the mail
>     for group A.  Then it waits for YYY seconds.
>
> 3.  After YYY seconds, the article gets posted to both A and B.

Well,
 thsi should happne, but regardin gth eparameters that i can setup, actually
i can't change nothing of the system, because the system is working well!
The postifx deliver mail, the mailserve is not so busy, yes some spam o
viruse, but normally under 1.00 of uptime.
So starting form the mailpost configuration wher i have -c XXX, 60 for th
efirst, and -c YYY, 350 for the second, i can't imagine that a mail arriving
before or after is the problem!
No, i do not know ehre is the problem, sure, buit it is not possbiel, is
uppose, that i have t adjust my postfix configuratio, or inn configuration,
cause they are working well!!

> If you're seeing a Duplicate error, this must be happening instead:
>
> 1.  Mail for group A arrives and is sent to mailpost -c XXX.  For the
>     next XXX seconds, that mailpost waits.
>
> 2.  More than XXX seconds pass, so mailpost posts to group A.
>
> 3.  At some later point, mail for group B arrives and is sent to
>     mailpost -c YYY; mailpost waits.

YEs, but it is a normal things!!!
The time between the dot of mail, and the rcp to deliver of the same mail,
could change larger for any reason!!

> 4.  More than YYY seconds pass, so mailpost tries to post to group B
>     and is rejected as a duplicate.
>

> Does that make sense to you?

Yes, but it is not normal for any system NOT REAL TIME!!!

> We need to know when *both* copies of the message arrive, not just the
> second one.

The message start , liek you can imagine, at the same time, then in the
middle of the delivery the amavisd scan the message, and after this scan the
delivery occur, with  the mailpost -c time.

Thanks.

Michele