readers.conf Documentation suggestion

Todd Olson tco2 at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 11 21:32:12 UTC 2005

Hi Russ

At 11:29 -0700 2005-04-11, Russ Allbery wrote:
>Todd Olson <tco2 at cornell.edu> writes:
>
>> It would be very nice (and would have saved me hours and hours of work)
>> if a paragraph like the following could appear in the readers.conf(5)
>> man page.
>
>Er, nnrpdauthsender is a non-standard option, so I would assume that
>someone would read the inn.conf documentation for it before turning it
>on.

Well, in my case things went differently.

>code, since the documented behavior is more useful.)  I'll add a sentence
>to readers.conf about this, but five paragraphs duplicating the
>documentation already in inn.conf seems like overkill.

A line in readers.conf referencing back to inn.conf would be helpful.

Yes probably over kill ...

>> PS  I hope to soon post a detailed example that back up the CAUTION.
>
>That's okay, I don't need an example showing that a feature is working as
>intended.  :)

But perhaps the consequences of the feature are not obvious, particularly
when readers.conf(5) tries to encourage you to use the user identity
in ways that conflict with the desired use of the Sender: header.

Hence the need for the (yet to be posted) example.

Regards,
Todd