Message Cancel Problem

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Feb 17 00:31:48 UTC 2005

On Feb 16, 2005, at 1:30 AM, K Anand wrote:

> I'm running inn-2.3.2 on a RH EL machine...It's been setup basically
> as an intranet news server only for internal news. No feeds come in
> nor do any feeds go to other servers. only users can post and view
> news. I'm having a problem. When I'm cancelling messages either from
> the news reader's Cancel button or by ctlinnd command, the message
> still appears in the news reader even after synchronising ( I have
> used Outlook Express as my news reader). Can anyone guide me why this
> is happening ?

Is the message still visible if you use "grephistory" to convert
Message-ID into an SM token, and then "sm" to retrieve the article with
the token?

If yes, then this is an INN issue.  If no, then it's something with
Outlook Express and you'll have to find a forum where people know about
that program.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org