Posting backup for some hosts?

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen larsi at gnus.org
Tue Mar 15 22:56:03 UTC 2005

To deal with annoying spammers, I'd like to switch exponential
posting backoff on.  However, due to the rather special setup (at
Gmane.org), I need to disable this for some hosts.  And I can't find
anything that seems to allow doing that in inn 2.4.1.

A different approach to take would be to put some code in filter_art
in filter_innd.pl that checks what the host name is, and then
switches the backoff code on.  Here I have two problems:  1) I don't
know how to get the NNTP-Posting-Host value from that function, and
2) is there any way to tweak conf settings from Perl?

A third approach would be to use the example code in the same file
for denying posting based on a history stashed in Perl.  But I'd
still need to know the NNTP-Posting-Host value.

Or there may be different ways to achieve the same effect that I
haven't stumbled onto yet.

Any advice?  :-)

  larsi at gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen