access with authentication

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sat Mar 26 01:37:35 UTC 2005

On Mar 25, 2005, at 11:19 AM, Bill Tangren wrote:

> I am making progress getting my inn server working, [...]

...I'm a little curious if you read my previous message, and if so what
has led you to the readers.conf you posted.  It's certainly not what I
would recommend, for the record.

> "A News (NNTP) error occurred: Authentication error"
>
> I can find no other mention of the error, or what caused it, in any log
> (I checked /news/log/errlog, /var/log/messages, and /var/log/secure).

Almost all INN-related messages are logged to news.crit, news.err, and
news.notice.  You will find an explanation for the authentication
failure in news.notice.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org