File conversion

Christoph Biedl cbiedl at gmx.de
Mon Apr 24 13:35:05 UTC 2006

Bill Davidsen wrote...

> Actually I have a pretty good script for taking the content of a UNIX
> mailbox file and turning it into nntp, I'd have to dig it out because
> the hacking needing it is dead, but I do have backups.

If you managed to get the messages into a mbox file you're almost done.
You'd have to split it into separate files, sometimes strip the mbox
line and rnews the result. You can even abuse mb2md (mailbox2maildir)
for that.

The more important thing is to restore the active file, this can be done
using the articles. And you probably want to set xrefslave to true while
feeding in the old articles.

Gary, do you still need help?

    Christoph