Innfeed assertion -- cxn?

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Mon Oct 1 22:18:46 UTC 2007

Hi William,

> innfeed: assertion -- cxn != NULL -- failed in file connection.c line 1276
>
> I must admit even though people state this isn't really a problem, I
> am frustrated by the amount it is happening to our server on a daily
> basis.  We went a long time without this problem.  It wasn't till I
> had added a lot of additional feeds that this problem started to occur.

In my INN 2.4.3, I see that assertion when there is backlog for my peers.
Otherwise, I do not see it.  It seems that when a peer is not responding,
there are some assertions like this one which are raised.  It is not
a problem except for the innfeed.dropped stuff in your innfeed directory
(and you have to manually process them with "procbatch -vm").
So it is a bit annoying.

> Is there any stable version of INN that has fixed this bug?

No, there is not.
But lots of these assertions were cleaned up by Russ in INN 2.5 (which is
not the stable version of INN, but it is very stable all the same).

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Deficiente uino, deficit omne. »