Towards a 2.4.4 release

Alexander Bartolich alexander.bartolich at gmx.at
Thu Apr 3 19:45:24 UTC 2008

Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> [...]
> Perhaps an implementation of Cancel-Lock/Cancel-Key (directly in the
> source code or in a Perl module?)
> Note that the Berlin University individual.net implemented that but I do
> not know whether they would share it: [...]

AFAIK they implemented it on top of their heavily modified INN and see
no easy way to isolate the patch.

Anyway, it's not difficult to let INN add Cancel-Lock/Cancel-Key headers
in filter_nnrpd.pl. A proof of concept was published in de.comm.software.newsserver,
starting with Message-ID: <f65jjl$8ul$1 at news.albasani.net>.

Verification of Cancel-Lock/Cancel-Key through cleanfeed.local was shown
shortly afterwards, starting with Message-ID: <f67vsu$rlq$1 at news.albasani.net>.

However, I expanded the original code a lot and now run INN with option -C.
The code running on news.albasani.net is available together with a lot of
unrelated stuff at

   svn://schnuerpel.net/schnuerpel

Ciao

     Alexander.