Server Synchronization

Marc Stürmer mail at marc-stuermer.de
Sat Jul 19 19:07:08 UTC 2008

Am Samstag, den 19.07.2008, 12:55 -0500 schrieb Lufkin, Brad (Mission
Systems):

> Thanks for the info. With this setup, will old articles be transferred
> between servers? By "old" I mean articles that were posted before this
> setup was completed?

No, it will not. A feed only carries the articles from the time of its
setup and after that, but not from before.

You can for example try the method mentioned in the FAQ or use a tool
lick suck or newsstar, for example, to get missing articles. Just be
sure that you disable the age check before feeding them to your server,
then. If your spool is quite big, innxmit could be too slow, other just
copy the whole spool initially and rebuild the history on the othe other
server, then, but I think that's not what you would like, because of
some other issues coming with that.

But seriously, may I suggest reading some introductionary info about
INN, no pun intended, so that you get a better grasp of the underlying
concepts and components of it.

Of course, having another server administrator is always a good
thing. :)

--
Marc Stürmer <mail at marc-stuermer.de>