innreport generates XHTML 1.1 with CSS

Alexander Bartolich alexander.bartolich at gmx.at
Sun Jun 8 19:02:35 UTC 2008

Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> [...]
> Speaking of that, here is what Chris Wilson (Microsoft) says:
>     http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/09/15/467901.aspx

Microsoft has a long record of avoiding standards for fun and profit.
Any excuses they make should be taken with a ton of salt.

> [...]
> And how to use application/xhtml+xml with IE?
>
>     http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2004/xhtml-faq#ie
>
> A XSLT should be used for it.

Interesting hack. Also an amazing waste of resources.

Anyway, this feature could be useful so adding the capability to
innreport is probably a good idea. I suggest to add the following
parameters to innreport.conf

       # Change to .xhtml to let Apache server correct MIME type.
       # html_file_extension     ".html";

       # See http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2004/xhtml-faq#ie
       # xsl_url         "";

Could you please commit the last patch so that I have a
working base?

Ciao

     Alexander.