innreport generates XHTML 1.1 with CSS

Alexander Bartolich alexander.bartolich at gmx.at
Sun Jun 8 21:34:15 UTC 2008

Julien ÉLIE wrote:
> [...]
> (Only a suggestion if you have time and feel like doing it:  innd HTML
> status file, innfeed HTML status file and the little HTML one for ovdb_stat
> also need some care...)

I just had a look at innfeed and suggest the following:
- copy the HTML header (everything up to <body>) from a file
- write HTML tables with proper meaningful class attributes
- copy the HTML footer from a file

This would require two options in innfeed.conf and two default
files. Considerung the currently used options

   gen-html
     This key requires a boolean value. It specifies whether the
     status-file should be HTML-ified.

   status-file
     This  key requires a pathname value. It specifies the pathname
     (relative to the backlog-directory) where the periodic status of
     the innfeed process should be stored. This corresponds to the
     ``-S'' command-line option.

I think "status-file-header" and "status-file-footer" should do.
However, I don't know where to put default header and footer.
/etc/, /usr/share/ or /usr/lib/?
And what about sample CSS files?

Ciao

     Alexander.