innreport generates XHTML 1.1 with CSS

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sun Jun 8 21:56:00 UTC 2008

Hi Alexander,

> I just had a look at innfeed and suggest the following:
> - copy the HTML header (everything up to <body>) from a file
> - write HTML tables with proper meaningful class attributes
> - copy the HTML footer from a file

That sounds good.

> This would require two options in innfeed.conf and two default
> files. Considering the currently used options

No problem.  And also a "status-file-css" option?

>   status-file
>     This  key requires a pathname value. It specifies the pathname
>     (relative to the backlog-directory) where the periodic status of
>     the innfeed process should be stored. This corresponds to the
>     ``-S'' command-line option.

Well, the man page (not even a POD one) is not up to date for innfeed...
I have only taken care of proof-reading the innfeed.conf sample file
which states:

log-file:           innfeed.log         # relative to pathlog
backlog-directory:  innfeed             # relative to pathspool

gen-html:           false               # if true, status-file is relative to pathhttp
status-file:        innfeed.status      # otherwise, it is relative to pathlog

> However, I don't know where to put default header and footer.
> /etc/, /usr/share/ or /usr/lib/?

I think pathhttp would be the best choice :-)

> And what about sample CSS files?

Also in pathhttp.
Do you want several CSS files for innfeed?
Or maybe are you speaking of innreport's CSS? (wanting to put in a CSS file
what you also embed within the script?)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Poussez pas derrière !