pullnews - bugfix, wishlist, new features

Geraint Edwards gedge-lists-inn-workers at yadn.org
Sun May 25 14:49:22 UTC 2008

Julien ?LIE <julien at trigofacile.com> said
		(on Sun, May 25, 2008 at 11:00:09AM +0200):
> please include this patch ...
> I added credits for you and I also proofread and fixed the script usage).

Thanks for the patch.  Applied by hand since I have tried to clarify some
flags myself, and fix some errors.

> I wonder whether contrib/backupfeed could also be integrated in your pullnews
> (as said in TODO).  Could you please have a look at
>     http://inn.eyrie.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/trunk/contrib/backupfeed.in
> to see if there are things to add to pullnews?

Will do.  Can't find the TODO though - URL?

> You should also fix these two issues:
>  * you removed support for -x (add Xref:) while still mentioning it in
>    the usage line.  Is there a reason for it?

No good reason (stupidity).  I had tried to merge your -x by first
renaming my -x option to something else, added your flag then forgot
to actually add the actual code.  Sorry!

>  * some "open" are broken!

Done.  Well spotted.

> It would also be great to use "perl -w".  There are a few warnings when I run
> the script.  Here are fixes for some of them:

Done.  Also quite a few of my own warnings appeared, now fixed.

Second attempt uploaded.

--
Geraint A. Edwards (aka "Gedge")
gedge at yadn.org