pullnews - bugfix, wishlist, new features

Geraint Edwards gedge-lists-inn-workers at yadn.org
Sun May 25 21:23:01 UTC 2008

Julien ?LIE <julien at trigofacile.com> said
		(on Sun, May 25, 2008 at 05:19:00PM +0200):
> It is the global file "TODO" (which is at the root of any snapshot).

Heh, I'd had a poke around and ended up looking at
	http://inn.eyrie.org/viewcvs/trunk/TODO?view=log
and was wondering why I was finding it cryptic.  Oops, again.  Thanks.

I've merged from backupfeed what I can see is missing in pullnews:
	- pull only a proportion (factor) of articles ( -f )
	- sleeps between articles/groups ( -z / -Z )
	- NNTP connection timeout ( -N )
	- overall session timeout ( -S ).

Does anyone here use backupfeed and is able to check functionality?

> frontends/nntpget also does the same thing and should also be included.

Will have a look at that another time.  :-)

I've also:
	- fixed more warnings;
	- reordered the option testing (alphabetically, to be consistent);
	- fixed what I may be a long-standing bug in the section with the
		comment 'we connected OK', where we reset the high watermark
		(now that -w exists, if the server resets article numbers, I
		think it best we reset to the low value not the high - comments?);
	- improved the 'quiet' logging

My third public version now available.

To save this list more minor traffic, I'm on IRC (Freenode and OFTC) as Gedge,
if you care to join #irc-workers there.

--
Geraint A. Edwards (aka "Gedge")
gedge at yadn.org