ISC launches new website and mailing list manager

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Nov 15 22:46:09 UTC 2008

Hi Russ,

> Actually, I'm wondering if we should trim down our mailing lists a bit.
> Currently, we have:
>
>    inn-announce
>    inn-bugs
>    inn-committers
>    inn-patches
>    inn-suggest (aka inn at isc.org)
>    inn-workers

There are also inn-request (aliased to James Brister) and inn-survey; maybe
both of them should be deleted.

> It's not clear to me that inn-bugs, inn-patches, and inn-workers form a
> useful distinction.  It might be better to send it all to the same place.

Well, inn-bugs might be useful to send mails from Trac.  Otherwise, they may
add noise to inn-workers.  (But they could be sent there.)
inn-workers could be used instead of inn-patches.

> We should probably put together some sort of real security reporting policy
> or piggy-back off one that ISC uses for other software, though.

Yes, it would be better.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« If your dog is barking at the back door and your wife yelling
  at the frontdoor, who do you let in first?
  The dog of course... at least he'll shut up after you
  let him in! »