inn 2.5.0 make errors

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Aug 25 16:23:35 UTC 2009

Hi Kristian,

> I downloaded and extracted the inn 2.5.0 archive, I got no errors
> extracting it or running ./configure  --prefix=/news
> --with-db-dir=/news/history --with-spool-dir=/news/spool
> --with-tmp-dir=/news/temp --enable-largefiles --with-perl
> --enable-uucp-rnews --enable-setgid-inews , then I run make
> and i get the error "../samples/newsfeeds newsfeeds differ: byte 2458,
> line 55 please update newsfeeds , how to repair this ? thanx for your time.

Did you run configure, make, then configure again with different paths,
then make?  It could have generated the problem you see.

To solve it, go to where you extracted the archive and run:

  cd site
  make distclean
  cd ..
  make

It will regenerate all the samples.

Have a nice day,

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est. » (Francis Bacon)