INN 2.5, inn-CURRENT-20090103 Issues

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Thu Jan 8 21:21:01 UTC 2009

Hi William,

> I just ran it:
> -sh-3.00$ innreport -f /etc/news/etc/innreport.conf /var/log/news/news /var/log/news/news.notice
>
> No warnings, no errors no problems.  So what does that mean if it gives the error during news.daily but not as in the above?

I had suspected that the error did not show any longer with news.daily
but as you say, it still happens.
I assumed that there was a bug in innreport when you had news and news.notice
files that were missing lines (which was the case for you the day before
yesterday).
news.daily exactly runs:

    innreport -f /etc/news/etc/innreport.conf /var/log/news/news /var/log/news/news.notice

so if you have no warnings, then it does not seem to be related to innreport.

If you had had no warning in your following news.daily report (as I thought
it would have been), then running innreport on *gunzipped* versions of
/var/log/news/OLD/news.2.gz and /var/log/news/OLD/news.notice.2.gz would
have triggered the problem.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« -- Rendre compte ? Mais nous n'y sommes pas allés
  et nous n'avons rien vu ! Et puis Jules César a dit...
  -- Je ne sais pas ce que Jules César a dit,
  mais ne pas y aller et ne pas voir,
  c'est le meilleur moyen de ne pas être vaincus ! » (Olibrius)