Division by zero in innreport

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Jan 7 10:31:28 UTC 2012

Hi John and Alexander,

Thanks for the good news!

> news at n102:/usr/lib/news/bin$ patch -b --verbose innreport innreport_patch
> Hunk #9 succeeded at 743 (offset 5 lines).
> Hunk #10 succeeded at 1119 (offset 6 lines).

Yep, that's fine.  The version of innreport shipped with INN 2.5.2 has a
few lines more than the STABLE and CURRENT versions of INN against which
I made the patch.  No problem (assignment to the deprecated "$["
variable for the index of the first element of an array has been removed
in innreport shipped with 2.5.3 and later).

> Evidentially the 2.4.3 code does not suffer from this bug. They are
> all working fine, and haven't had any error messages in the Daily
> Reports.

That's right.  Nonetheless, the 2.4.3 code suffers from several other
bugs that have been fixed in later versions, especially thanks to Alexander.

> As for your thoughts of additional time to run, I see no difference
> between the time the e-mail was sent at 00:22 and previous days.

Time::Local::localtime() is then probably well optimized; good news too.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Les ouvriers qui font la pause lentilles voient arriver un visiteur
   inattendu… » (Astérix)