bad_messageid

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Feb 17 21:47:53 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

> Is there a way to disable these checks in incoming messages, or to
> relax it?

It is currently impossible to disable these checks.
As they have been present for more than 20 years (INN 1.5.1 was already
checking the syntax of message-IDs), I am not very appealed to the idea
of relaxing them now.

> bad_messageid
> <part1553of1353.kbi$KFf0LMR4$3&IW1wy at Yenc@domain.com>
>
>     Whilst I understand that, technically yes, the message-id is bad (I
>     receive mostly double @'s or double .'s), Diablo, and a lot of other
>     usenet servers accept these messages.  They are freely available on
>     all of usenet, not running INN it seems...

Do you know the name(s) of the newsreader(s) that posted these articles?
  I believe it would be better to contact their authors so that they fix
the syntax of the message-IDs they generate).

We should not encourage them to go on creating articles that generate
interoperability issues.  (I bet other news servers than INN also reject
such articles.)

--
Julien ÉLIE

« The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget
   it once… » (Nash)