ovsqlite

Bo Lindbergh 2bfjdsla52kztwejndzdstsxl9athp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 01:02:56 UTC 2020

At long last, ovsqlite!  In two patches to be applied in sequence
on top of svn revision 10453.

1.  https://www.stacken.kth.se/~blgl/inn-xbuildconfig.diff.gz

The first patch is split out because it has general utility,
not specific to ovsqlite.

I use some generated files, so I wanted to enhance storage/buildconfig
to add lists of files to be removed at various cleanup levels.
METHOD_SOURCES, EXTRA_SOURCES, and PROGRAMS were handled by separate
code paths that were identical except for the names.  This cried out
to be replaced by a table-driven approach, so that's what I did.

The Makefile-related data could end up in either %storage or %overview,
and so had to be merged and re-sorted before Make.methods could be written.
I changed this to use a new %makefile variable containing
the Makefile-related data for both storage and overview methods.

2.  https://www.stacken.kth.se/~blgl/inn-ovsqlite.diff.gz

I use a single compile-link-and-run test to probe for a sufficient
version of SQLite.  Feel free to refine this if you have more patience
with autoconf than I.

scripts/rc.news is rewritten to use 'case "$OVMETHOD" in ...' for startup
and shutdown handling.  In an ideal world, this too should be generated
by storage/buildconfig (ovmethod.rc or something).

In addition to the man pages, hacking/internals info can be found here:
 * storage/ovsqlite/ovsqlite-private.h
 * storage/ovsqlite/sql-init.sql
 * storage/ovsqlite/sqlite-helper-gen.in

More testing is needed; I've only used the hardware I've got at home,
which is all x86_64 (macOS 10.15 and Fedora 33).
Don't hesitate to complain if any part of the documentation is too terse.

/Bo Lindbergh